LEI Legal Nurse Consultant
As a legal nurse consultant, you can take your nursing career to another level, serving a vital role with law firms, insurance companies, pharmaceutical companies, HMOs, government agencies, and more. The Legal Education Institute's ABA-approved legal nurse consultant (LNC) certificate program could be your gateway to a rewarding profession.
The objectives of the LEI’s legal nurse consultant program are:
- To provide opportunities for nurses to become educated in the theory, philosophy, and ethical appreciation of the law
- To prepare students to become an integral part of a legal team
- To foster an understanding and appreciation for the role of the legal nurse consultant that reflects the prevailing ethical and educational standards set forth by the legal profession
- To provide students with deductive reasoning skills when preparing chronologies of medical events and organizing and reviewing medical records
- To provide students with extensive instruction in legal research, including the use of electronic legal research databases
Note: Legal Nurse Consultants may not provide legal services directly to the public except as permitted by law. Legal Nurse Consultants work under the direct supervision of attorneys.
Professional Memberships and Affiliations
The Legal Education Institute is approved by the American Bar Association. In addition, we are members of the following professional legal nurse consultants associations:
American Association of Legal Nurse Consultants (AALNC)
Local AALNC chapters in Delaware, Philadelphia, New Jersey and Maryland